MATTHEW 25:40- AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YE HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Time


 So, it's been quite some time since I blogged. I'd really like to do better at it, because it's a great way to journal our lives and then come back in the coming years and remember all we did. It's just so hard to take the time to sit down and write it out. Maybe that's because we are too busy?
Well, sickness has a way of making life slow down. Tuesday evening I felt like I was getting a sore throat. By Wed. evening it was starting to move into my nose and everything was getting a bit stuffy. By Thursday evening, I was sitting at home wrapped in a blanket, going from the chills to being too hot. 
 I think things are on the mend....today it's a sore throat still, a cough that feels like it's tearing up my chest and a stuffy nose. No more chills and aches.
 All this nasty made me skip two days of work and our final Life Group meeting for the year! :( 

 So much has happened since I last wrote. The biggest blessing was likely the job I got.
 Here is a excerpt from Facebook on September 11:



 A few weeks ago I interviewed for a potential job that *I* thought was a perfect fit for me and our families needs. Someone more qualified got the job, and while I totally understood, I struggled a bit with feeling like a failure. But I knew it was God closing a door and I had peace about that. I decided not to actively pursue another job and just trust God to meet our needs that were feeling overwhelming! 

So yesterday I got a call out of the blue from a women I don't even know, asking if I would be willing to help her elderly mom a few days a week. I met the elderly lady and her daughter today and to make a long story short, next week I will be starting a part time job! But to me, this is going to be more than a job, but more a ministry/life experience! I know that older people have so much experience in life and I am looking forward to learning to know Ms. Jo and see what all I can learn from the 89 years she has lived on this planet! 
Thanking God.....




Well, it's been nearly 2 months and she is such a joy to work for. I feel so blessed. It's awesome to see the improvement in her health in the last month or so!
  I really hated that I couldn't go help her yesterday or today, but she is getting ready to spend 2 weeks with her children in Destin and then in MS. I sure didn't want to carry my germs to her and make her sick. She was very understanding and grateful that I kept my germs away! :D


Another big project in our lives is renovating our hall bath. A little over a month ago, we discovered live termites in our bathroom floor and they had done some significant damage in the bathroom floor as well as in Danny's bedroom floor.
 Since we live in the ministry house, we felt it only right to try to help raise funds to help cover the expenses. We were blessed to have some friends volunteer their time and product for a few things, but the bulk of it will still fall on GEMS account!
We will also need to get some new carpet! The hall carpet by the bathroom door had mold underneath from getting wet at some point, and then Danny's bedroom floor had to be tore up to repair the termite damage. While we are replacing carpet, we may do the other two bedrooms as well, since that carpet is pretty old!

If you would like to help with this project financially, click on our fundraiser page.....
http://www.gofundme.com/gemshomerepairs
At the bottom of the first post, if you click "Show all" it will let you read all the updates. 

We still have quite a bit to raise!


I think I will wrap this up for now but I hope to come back later and do a picture post! :) Those are more fun!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment